WIP Work In Progress: I've Been Sew Busy

 

I've made some progress on my Single Wedding Ring since my Monday Design Wall post.




Each block measures 15.5" and so far I've made 9 blocks.  I think 20 blocks plus sashing and borders will make a nice size quilt.  Maybe not a bed size but large enough for my friend and hubby to cuddle under while watching TV. 


And my Charming Christmas quilt top is on the frame ready for quilting.  I pieced the backing with Christmas fabrics from my stash, and you can see a bit of one of the prints in the picture.  I haven't decided on a quilting design but I hope I can get this quilt finished by Friday.


I don't know if this is real progress, but I have my fabrics ready for Bonnie Hunter's Grassy Creek Mystery.  This will be my second mystery quilt and one thing I learned from my first mystery, Frolic, is to not sweat the color choices too much.  I fretted so much with Frolic that my colors weren't an exact match, but in the end it all worked beautifully.  I am so excited for the first clue to be released next Friday!



I fell in love with this table runner when I saw it on FB.


The pattern is from The Guilty Quilter.  I've always wanted to make one of his patterns but they looked a little complicated.  This table runner seemed small enough to give it a go.  It is made with cute Halloween fabric and he was offering a kit.


And, as if I really needed another project, I ordered a kit which arrived today.


It's Halloween fabric but that's okay.  It's never too early to start!



Or, I can use a different fabric.  I love both these colors.


If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:  

Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. I love your fabrics used in the wedding ring blocks, so gentle and calming, very lovely! I'll be following along Bonnie's mystery too but I've never sewed along. I have to wait until the mystery is finished and see what the quilt actually looks like. Your pile of fabrics look nice and autumn bright, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita! Your fabric pull for the mystery quilt look lovely. I get all nervous about mystery quilts to the point that I just can't do them. The anxiety, no matter how much I tell myself it doesn't matter, drives me nuts. So, I enjoy friends like you and follow along and enjoy your finish. Oooh, that maze runner is COOL. I've always wanted to make one of those quilts, too. I hope you share your progress and thoughts as you go along. I am really looking forward to that! Thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many lovely projects! Loving the fabrics you've pulled for the mystery. That'll be a lot of fun! Charming will be done soon I'm sure as it's loaded and ready to go! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops