Design Wall Monday: Unity Quilt Round 4 and A Y2K Top

Once I finished sewing all the Y2K blocks, I went to work on my Unity quilt.  I posted about the Pinwheel Star blocks a couple weeks ago and they have now been added to the top.  I still have a few more rounds to go, including flying geese, more pinwheels, and more stars.  Seeing as we are already in December, I'm pretty sure I won't be finishing this top before the end of the year.



The picture above shows my Y2K blocks in a 7x7 layout (unsewn), using 49 blocks on the front.  The 50th block will be on the back.  Since I received duplicate charms in the swap, my Y2K quilt is not a true charm quilt but it still has 2,000 pieces to make it a Y2K quilt.  

With only 5 weeks left in the year, I hope I can finish quilting this top plus my Coriander Christmas and Handy Dandy Stashbuster tops.


If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:  

Oh Scrap! @ Quilting Is More Fun than Housework
Monday Making @ Love Laugh Quilt
Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. Love your Y2K top !! It is gorgeous. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went back to read about your Y2K blocks. I participated in a Y2K charm square swap, too. Each contributor included a signature square. All of those made it into the resulting quilt. I got it out a few years ago -- some people I remembered, many I did not. Lots of memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice to see your layout of your Y2K quilt - I like it! Some of our projects take a longer time than others, and it is so rewarding to see them nearing the finishing line. Good job! I am amazed at all the pieces in your Unity quilt too. Bonnie's quilts always amaze me. Are you doing her current mystery quilt?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops