Weekly Finish #13: Rolling Rainbow RSC 2021


This is my Rolling Rainbow quilt that I started in January 2021 as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and finished the top in August which I promptly added to my "to be quilted" pile.  

Once I decided to gift it to my niece Lisa for her birthday this year, it was time to quilt and bind it.


It is so colorful and cheerful that I can't help but be happy with it.  My quilt inspectors -- OJ and Pepper -- also give it their final seal of approval!

 

I quilted it on my Moxie with an E2E pantograph design of Baptist Fans, my first time using this design.  It's not perfect but I really like the look.


It measures 82" x 98" and I used a queen-sized Warm & Natural batting.


The backing is a fun print that is perfect for my niece.  And, of course, a label for the finale.

Rolling Rainbow is a free pattern from Robert Kaufman, and I used all KONA solids for this quilt.

UPDATE I gifted this quilt to my darling niece on August 7 to celebrate her birthday in February.  She LOVED it!




If you'd like to see what other quilters are sharing, please visit the following linky parties which I'm happy to join: 
Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. Gorgeous! Congratulations on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your quilt knocks my socks off! Gorgeous color and fan quilting. Congrats on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright, vibrant color that you used here. Quilts often get stuck in the "to be quilted" pile for me until they have a destination. I'm sure Lisa loved it! Thank you for linking up with me for TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful bright RSC finish! Well Done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a gorgeous quilt, and it looks downright and happy. This beauty is sure to bring joy to your neice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a wonderful quilt!! all the colors look so good together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful finish, I love it. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops