Friday, October 16, 2015

Weekly Finish #16: Baby Crackers for Ariana

20151010_171828

First finished quilt of 2015

Not sure if anyone is still checking my blog, but if anyone is still out there, hello!  After 5 years of being away, I’ve decided it’s time to come back. 

Life is full of changes, with many highs and lows.  And, let’s just say, I took a leave of absence to focus on my eBay business to supplement my income, which became necessary once I retired.  Luckily, last year we were able to refinance and that made a world of difference. I am thrilled that my life no longer revolves around eBay and that I now have time to really enjoy my retirement and get back to my quilting!

842

I can’t believe the quilt pictured at the start of this post is the first quilt I have finished since 2010.  It is one of the quilt tops I mentioned in my previous post and is the second one in the stack.  I must confess that I did not actually make the quilt top, but bought it on eBay with the intention of finishing and donating it to charity.


Cracker Scraps

The block pattern is a vintage design named Crackers.  And, if you are interested in making your own, just click on the picture for a free tutorial from Cut to Pieces.


I suppose it’s a good thing I never got around to quilting any of these tops – which are destined for charity – because then I would not have been able to create a last-minute special gift for my friend’s granddaughter, who was baptized last week. 

20151010_171945

Luckily, I had already started quilting the stack of tops, and I chose this one for Ariana.  I finished binding and labeling the quilt that Saturday morning.  As you can see, she was one happy little girl!


Now that I’m getting my quilting mojo back, I hope to blog on a regular basis and look forward to reading all about your quilting adventures!

2 comments: