Weekly Finish #21 Touch of Comfort Quilts for Kids Project

DSC01524 DSC01349
DSC00894 DSC00897

I just completed my fourth quilt for the Downy Touch of Comfort Quilts For Kids project.  Three are from requested kits and the fourth is from my own fabric stash.  And, for now, this completes my contribution to this worthwhile program. 

I’ll continue to make quilts for kids through Project Linus, which keeps my donations locally; and, I can also deliver my finished quilts to a neighbor who helps coordinate the local chapter … no shipping costs!

The Touch of Comfort project was much fun, and it was exciting to receive the kit in the mail to see what fun fabrics had been sent.  The quilts are fast and easy to make, so I do hope new folks will jump on the bandwagon to help them reach their goal of 10,000 quilts before the end of the year.  Click here for more info.

UPDATE:  Quilts for Kids has chapters nationwide.  These local chapters keep donations within the communities they serve.  Click here to find a chapter in your area.

Comments

  1. Love the Touch of Comfort quilts! I have my first top done and ready to quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so rewarding to use some of your stash for other very worthy organizations! You have done some beautiful work. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job. I also made a quilt for the touch of comfort quilts. fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops