Happy New Year! Celebrating Another 10 Years of Quilting

Happy New Year!  It’s hard to believe that 20 years have come and gone since we celebrated The Millennium!  I started quilting in 1999 so I am also celebrating 20 years of quilting.  And, I am looking forward to and am excited about a more productive decade! 

Having said that, I decided my first quilt of the decade will be Bonnie Hunter's Frolic Mystery Quilt.  This is Bonnie's 15th online mystery and my first ever mystery.

The introduction and first clues were posted last year in October/November, but I was busy with the quilts for my DGD#1 and her friend that I couldn't start until this month.

I was behind by 6 clues but thought I might be able to catch up if I worked on it every day.  So once I gathered my fabrics, both from my stash and fabric store, I got busy cutting.  


Except for this one picture, I didn't take pictures of my progress to post on social media.  I was too busy cutting and playing catch up!


I worked on this pretty much every day and I couldn't wait to get to the point where I could make a block.  And, when I did, I was so jazzed.  I loved it and it motivated me to keep going.



Once everything was cut out, I started sewing like a madwoman so I could finish all the blocks.  I was trying to catch up before the final reveal, but I was one clue behind when Bonnie posted the reveal last week:


Wow!  The quilt is amazing and I am so excited to get mine completed.  Here are all my blocks laid out and I love, love, love the design! 


Now I need to add all the sashing and start sewing the rows. Stay tuned!

Remember, the best things in life are quilted!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops