Weekly Finish #5-#6: More Quilts For Kids 2020

 

Here is the completed quilt for Touch of Comfort Quilts for Kids. This is the last one of the 3 kits. I quilted it with FMQ on my short-arm Mega Quilter and used an all-over hearts and loops design. It's not perfect but it gets the job done. I used a fluffy polyester batting which gives it a textured look.  The quilt measures 36" x 41" and I'm pretty happy with it.  I hope the recipient will be happy with it too.




I also finished DD's quilt which was a WIP in my previous postDD made 2 similar quilt tops over five years ago for her two girls, who are now young women.  And she thought the prints with jungle animals and butterflies was too juvenile for them and told me to donate the quilts to a kids' charity.  But now that this one is finished, I think we should hang on to them and maybe someday DGDs will have their own little girls who would love the quilt.

The top is a simple design of 5 x 8 rows of alternating squares that finish at 7-1/2 inches.  I quilted it with FMQ on my Mega Quilter and tried to be a little fancy with an all-over design of flowers and loops.  I think the quilting at the bottom is a bit better than the one at the top. Seems that practice does make perfect.  Okay, maybe not perfect but better :)

The quilt measures 51" x 65", and I used a natural cotton batting with a twin-size sheet for the backing.

I am SO happy to get these tops completed into quilts and am feeling a nice sense of accomplishment.  I have a few more tops to quilt and am now motivated to get them done.

Linking up to Alycia Quilts Finished or Not Finished Friday and Confessions of a Fabric Addict and TGIFF Friday Finish with Laura at Slice of Pi Quilts.

That's it for now, so until next time ...

Happy Quilting

Comments

  1. Nice finishes. I recently mentioned to hubby that I was thinking of keeping a couple of my baby quilts for future great grand babies. He wasn't 100% with me on this because the oldest grandchild is just 10! But I can stash it in my closet of quilts and tops until I find a really good place to give it! I really like those bright quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft colors of the first quilt with the fabulous heart texture quilting. A child would also love the bright quilt whether now or someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you could hang on to them. I have two granddaughters...now 35 and 27. The older one waited til she was 29 to have her first baby and the second one isn’t married and there are no babies in sight. You might be saving them for awhile! They are really cute and the quilting is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great finishes!! I think I might have some of the fabrics you usedin the top quilt! Now I want to find them!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops