Weekly Finish #8: Autumn Fall Wall Hanging 2020

I am happy to finally finish this wall hanging for my DGD#1, just in time for fall.  The quilt measures 58" square, and the batting is pieced from different leftover batting remnants.  There are 121 nickel patches in an 11 x 11 grid.

DGD#1 lives in Georgia so will be mailing this out and hopefully, it gets to her next week.

I thought I'd get a little fancy with my FMQ and quilted little acorns in the center squares of the X's and O's.

I also tried my hand at quilting some leaves on the borders.  They're not perfect so I'm glad they don't show up much in the dark brown color.  I'm beginning to feel more comfortable with FMQ and enjoying the process more.



I LOVE the backing print!  Wouldn't it make a great tablecloth or runner?  And because DGD#1 told me she wanted a wall hanging, I added a sleeve using the same backing fabric.


A quilt is not complete until the label is on, right?  I downloaded the template from Quilt With Us then used MS Word to add the wording and icons.  I then printed the label on printable fabric sheets from Avery.


The sheets are cotton fabric and you can iron on or sew on.  I did both to be sure it stays on forever!  I'm not sure how well this will endure washings but since it's a wall hanging, I don't think it'll get washed as often.


Here is the original wall hanging I made 10 years ago.  Last year, I finally took it out of storage for display; and before DGD#1 left for Georgia, she told me she really liked this wall hanging because fall is her favorite season. I was happy to make one for her and that I still had some of the same fabrics to use in her quilt.  I think I actually like hers better!

Linking up with:

Until next time ... be happy and keep on quilting!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

  1. Fabulous Fall UFO finish!!! Your granddaughter is sure to love it, if Fall is her favorite season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty fall quilt! I love the acorns you quilted in the centers. Wonderful finish. I'm sure your granddaughter will be thrilled. Thank you for the info on the fabric sold by Avery. I need to buy some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! I've not heard of the Avery labels before; will check it out asap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice wall hanging for the season! A beautiful label and I appreciate learning of the Avery product. This is my first visit; thanks for posting on Judy's DWM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how wonderful!! and just in time.... I think I can see fall *finally* starting to appear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful quilt and greta job quilting. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops