Design Wall Monday: 2020 Stash Buster Challenge

 

I finally jumped on the bandwagon that is the 2020 Stash Buster Challenge by the Border Creek Station.  I stumbled upon this challenge way back in January via Facebook.  


The block is the Square Dance and the challenge is to use your scraps to make 52 blocks by the end of the year to be entered in a drawing.  That's a block a week. A whole year.  No problem, I thought.  Ha, ha!   But other things and other quilts took priority and before I knew it, the end of the year was less than 5 weeks away.  


I've made a couple yellow and blue quilts in the past years and had some leftover yellow floral fat quarters.  I think they're pretty but it's time to use them up.  This stash buster was perfect.


So far, I've made 24 blocks and can't decide on a layout, although I am leaning towards #1.  I'm also wondering if all that floral is too busy and maybe I should add some tone-on-tone yellows.  

I am enjoying working on this project and am fairly sure I can meet the 52-block challenge by year-end.  But the quilt won't be finished until January so it'll be my first one for 2021.

If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:  

Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Monday Making @ Love Laugh Quilt
Oh! Scrap @ Quilting Is More Fun...

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!


Comments

  1. Way to bust those scraps. Love how you are playing with the layout.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops