Weekly Finish #20: Square Dance Stash Buster 2020


Although I do think it's pretty, blue-and-yellow is not my favorite color combo. So when I joined the 2020 Stash Buster Challenge, I decided to use up any yellow-blue floral fabrics that have been around forever.


I think the floral fabrics are pretty by themselves, but they just didn't rock my socks.


So another yellow-and-blue quilt made its way to my project list.


Having said all that, I love the end result of this quilt.  I wasn't sure about it when I started but I'm very happy with it now.  This quilt was so much fun to make.  I can see why some folks made more than one quilt for the challenge.  I do plan to make another sometime next year.



I used a cotton blend sheet with a pretty floral print as the backing.  I would have preferred to use a "darker" backing to go with the front but I went with what I had on hand.


I quilted it with an E2E floral pantograph which is a little more detailed than what I've used before.  I'm getting more comfortable using the pantographs.  Not necessarily perfect but more comfortable for sure.  And, I used lightweight polyester batting.

Each block is 8" finished and there are 64 blocks with a 7 x 8 layout.  I did one simple outer border that finishes at 1-3/4".  The quilt measures 56" x 64" and I plan to gift it to a very good friend who is battling cancer.


This is the 20th quilt I've finished in 2020.  I didn't start the year with a goal to make 20 quilts.  But with the COVID19 pandemic and lockdowns, I found I had the time to finish so many quilts.  I started with a few quilt tops that had been stored for a few years and then I just kept going with weekly finishes.  With 2021 just around the corner, I'm already planning my projects for next year.  I'm not planning to have weekly finishes but who knows?  Maybe I'll finish 21 quilts in 2021😊.

If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:

Until next time ... be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. I LOVE your quilt! Blue & yellow are my favorites, she's a true beauty. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have used the pattern also to make a quilt, in Civil War reproductions. Yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!. I love blue and yellow together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finish! Kudos for using up a bit of stash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue and yellow - always a winning combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, you finished TWENTY quilts in 2020?! That's amazing! This one is so pretty. The yellow and blue combo is such a classic; even if it's not your favorite, it will never go out of style, just like sunshine and a clear blue sky. Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love blue and yellow and your quilt is so pretty. Twenty quilts on one year is quite an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your lovely finish and thank you for linking up to TGIFF. I think the E2E is perfect for this quilt. Yes, a lot more finishes due to us staying put this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That turned out great in your limited color palette!! I really like the backing you chose and appreciate that you used what you had on-hand. After all, that's the very purpose of your fabric stash!! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know they are not your favorite colors but this quilt is so pretty! What a great way to finish the year. And twenty quilts! I wish I'd come even halfway to that. Oh well. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just stunning! I'm not a fan of yellow and blue, but I love what you created--what is the pattern? Looks like a good stash buster. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops