WIP Work In Progress: Valetine's Day Wall Hanging and UNITY

 

Today is inauguration day!  Congratulations to new President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris!

United we stand, divided we fall

UNITY

UNITY by Bonnie Hunter @ Quiltville.com

As I watched today's inauguration events, I took to heart our President's message that "unity is the path forward".  "Unity" is the name of Bonnie Hunter's pattern that she released in April of last year as a mystery quilt-along.  I was still working on my Frolic Mystery quilt so I skipped it, but I knew one day I would want to make the quilt so I saved the pattern.  Well, today is that day.  This quilt is so apropos for today.

I plan to make it in red, white, and blue colors, and have already pulled fabrics from my stash.  It is now my new work-in-progress and it will be for some time.  As I work on it during 2021, I will celebrate our strength and the hope this new administration brings.


This work-in-progress project is on my design wall today.  These 27 heart blocks are the start of three wall hangings I'm making for my DGDs for Valentine's Day and because February is national heart month.


This mini quilt from Thermoweb is my inspiration.  I'm making my wall hangings with 9 blocks each and decided not to make the hearts from 4-patch units.  I used my Accuquilt to cut the hearts which was a big time-saver.  Hopefully, I can finish the flimsy tops over the weekend.

If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:  

Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. I love the heart blocks you're making for your granddaughters, those are going to be really beautiful quilts! I didn't spend much time yesterday watching the ceremonies but did see a few highlights. I'm praying for some peace and unity in our country now. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft and Sweet. Love the hearts. I too have that pink hearts fabric :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your heart blocks! They just scream spring to me. I watched the inaugural events until the very end. As we say in our home -- finally an adult in the WH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those heart blocks your sharing today. It's going to make one lovely quilt

    ReplyDelete
  5. The heart blocks are beautiful, as is the feeling of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rita,
    Unity is the message I took away from yesterday's inauguration along with hope. Working on BH's Unity quilt top throughout the year will be a great reminder. Your heart star blocks look so darn pretty on the design wall. Your granddaughter's will just love them especially with all the good thoughts and love you are stitching into each one. Thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those heart blocks will be so pretty in mini quilts! What a great present for your DGDs. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your heart blocks are beautiful! I especially love the touches of blue and green mixed in with the pinks and reds. It still reads pink and white overall, but those hints of other colors add so much interest!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops