Design Wall Monday: Simple Hearts & Rolling Rainbow


I made these heart blocks way back in February using the Simple Hearts free pattern by Cluck Cluck Sew after seeing this quilt by Sharon Holland which she made last year when she hosted heart quilt along using this pattern.


I fell in love with the fabric she used, which is the Foresta Fusion collection by Art Gallery Fabrics.  I wanted to make something similar using fabrics from my stash and ended up with these 16 heart blocks.  Once I made the blocks, I put them on the back burner to focus on our landscaping project -- and then completely forgot about them.

Now, five months later, I remembered I had these blocks and wanted to finish the quilt - except I couldn't find them.  I looked here and there but could not remember where I put them, then voila!  There they were, sitting on my fabric shelf, nicely wrapped in the backing fabric.  Yea!

The top is now put together and waiting to be quilted.

I still would like to use the Foresta Fusion collection to make a larger heart quilt.  That's a project for another day ... or year!



Purple is the color for the month of June and I made two more blocks for my Rolling Rainow quilt.  They're supposed to be dark purple-violet and lilac but they look pinkish in the picture.


So far, I've completed 19 blocks and am happy with the progress.  I already have the remaining 6 blocks cut out but will sew them up when the color comes up.  The remaining blocks are orange, teal/green and light blue.  Well, blue is also the color for this month so maybe I'll get those blocks done over the next couple of days. Maybe. *Sigh*


I'm linking up to RSC21 @ soscrappy for the month of June.  Be sure to visit for more purple goodness.

And, if you'd like more quilting goodness, please visit the following which I'm also linking up to:

Monday Making @ Love Laugh Quilt
Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Oh Scrap! @ Quilting is More Fun...

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. Your hearts quilt is so pretty! I like that Foresta Fusion collection too, but I love the prints you pulled from your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita,
    Your heart quilt is very pretty, glad you remembered it and then found it. I can relate to that. I too like your fabric choices. Good job! Judy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops