Design Wall Monday: Y2K Blocks #9-#12


I'm still chugging along on my Y2K quilt.  I'm not sure what happened to these next two charm sets.  The top squishy set had two signature charms but no bio.  The bottom set didn't have a signature charm but did have a bio.  It just happened that I had an extra loose siggy square so I added it to one of the blocks.  I've kept all the squishy sets in a plastic bin which was put away for the past 20 years so who knows what happened here.

Top two signature squares from Darla Hamilton in California and Greg Hamilton in Canada.  I think I can safely assume Darla and Greg are related and perhaps they were nice enough to send the 2nd siggy from Canada since international siggy squares were sought after.

The bottom siggy square is from Beth M. also in Canada.  This little square was floating around the bin, footloose and fancy-free.  It could have been part of the 2nd or 3rd quilt I made and it somehow found its way to this bin.

The charms in the bottom two blocks are from Karen D. in Illinois: I made my first quilt at age 9 years...It was not perfect but I was SO proud of it...My next quilt was a sampler...as part of a quilting class...My husband of 22 years and my four children... reside...in the woods adjoining Castle Rock State Park...We love the wildlife...I am excited about making this Y2K (Year 2000) quilt...I am a "fabric-addict" so I started my own home-based online virtual fabric store...These charms...all came from my [store] stock ...may you find many healthy, happy years cuddling beneath your Y2K quilt!...


My DD is coming tomorrow from Kentucky for a week-long visit and I am so excited to see her. It's been two long years since we've been together.  And, we have a full schedule planned for the week starting with a visit to Disneyland on Wednesday.  I won't be doing much quilting for a while!


If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:  

Monday Making @ Love Laugh Quilt
Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Oh Scrap! @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. Take the time to enjoy your daughter. Two years is a really long time. As time allows you can always go back to your Y2K. It will wait patiently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Bonnie, for your kind words. I agree completely!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops