WIP Wednesday: Unity Quilt Update

 

This is my Unity quilt so far with round 3 and its pesky little stars. They're not perfect as I did lose a star point here and there but they're finished and I'm happy with my progress so far.

I'm not that persnickety about my piecing and I'm definitely not a "precision piecer".  Not to say that I just "slap" my quilts together.  I do try my best and I've had my share of dates with Jack the Ripper.  But if it's not too obvious and I'm okay with it, I am not going to rip it out.  I know there are quilters who are fastidious about their work and I admire their beautiful precision work.

But for me, it's all about the process.  I love sewing!  I've been sewing since I was a little girl, and it's my "happy place".  It gives me peace and comfort.  But if I begin to be fussy and frustrated because my work is not perfect, then I'm afraid I'll lose my joy in quilting.  As long as it's "perfect enough", I am happy.

“We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.” ~ Bob Ross


If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to: 

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. Your quilt is looking lovely. For me, I usually make a choice when I start whether I was it to be precise or not. Sometimes, done is better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good from here, Rita!!! You have more fortitude than I, as I stopped with the original block, quilted it and called it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is looking lovely. Sewing in my happy place, too, and I enjoy the journey, including the bumps in my piecing and quilting. Thank you for sharing in my linky party and brightening my day ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilt. I made two - one for each daughter. I have finished one and gifted it, but the other is still a top. Number 2 daughter's quilt is still a top, but it will get finished before she is allowed to travel to Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you! Finished is better than perfect, although your Unity quilt certainly looks pretty perfect to me. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops