Design Wall Monday: Weed Whacker in Blue

 


This is the start of my third quilt top using Bonnie Hunter's free Weed Whacker pattern. 


I made the first two tops in green and pink way back in 2008.  And, I started the blue one at the same time by sewing pairs of 2" x 9-1/2" strips but never got further than that.  The pairs of blue strips have been sitting in a project box for almost 14 years.  I think it's time to get this UFO finished!


I eventually sold the tops on Etsy.  The same buyer purchased both tops then she quilted the tops and sent me a picture of the completed quilts.  She even added a label with both our names!  Quilters are the best!

This blue Weed Whacker is #10 on my list of Quilting Goals, but I figured it'd be an easy and fast finish so I decided to tackle it right away.  I don't think I'll get the quilt finished this week, but I'm hoping it'll be next week's Friday Finish.


If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:  

Oh Scrap! @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
Monday Making @ Love Laugh Quilt
Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. Yes, it is definitely time to finish that UFO! I like how you added the pinwheel blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a fun pattern. I downloaded it but haven't tried it yet. Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops