Design Wall Monday: Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) 2022

This is my second year participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) and I'm off to a late start LOL!  Red is the color of the month for January.  And, because I can't decide which quilt I want to make, I decided I'd make all three.


When I saw this quilt by Sew Preeti Quilts, I knew I wanted to make it for RSC 2022.  The block is called Picket Star and Preeti provides a free tutorial to make the 17-inch block.  It's a little challenging to get the corners of the center square to precisely line up but I love this quilt.



I found this quilt when I was surfing the web looking for a pattern for my RSC 2022 quilt.  This quilt is Falling Stars by The Academic Quilter.  It is made with the Red Cross block, and she provides a tutorial to make this block in 3 sizes.  It's not a difficult block to make but you do have to pay attention to the placement of the units.  I made only the 4 blocks but had to unsew and resew two of them 😂.



And the third quilt pattern is Catching Rainbows by Bonnie Hunter, which she released in 2021.  
The pattern is made of 9 blocks for each of 8 colors.  It's not a very difficult block but you do need to be very precise with cutting and sewing so the corners line up properly.  I've only made one block.  And it looks like I need more practice but hopefully, I get better by the time I make the 72nd block :).


If you'd like to see what other quilters are sharing, please visit the following linky parties which I'm happy to join:

Oh Scrap! @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!


Comments

  1. I've not joined the Rainbow Scrap Challenges ever, but love seeing all the different scrappy quilts that turn out from the year long challenge. You've chosen three great blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like the first quilt with those wonderful stars against a white background. I know about the challenge of aligning the center triangles into a square because of a different quilt/different pattern with the same triangle-to-square alignment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops