Weekly Finish #24: Blue Weed Whacker

Blue Weed Whacker

Finished size:  76" x 93"


I finally finished my Weed Whacker quilt from Bonnie Hunter's free pattern.


I started it way back in 2008 and in January I decided that, after 14 years, it was time to finish it.  I previously posted about my progress herehere and here.



I quilted it with an E2E design called Audree that is pre-installed in the HandiQuilter ProStitcher.


The pieced backing is definitely not by design.  When I saw the fabric with the bird design, I knew I wanted to use it for the backing.  Unfortunately, I didn't buy enough and had no choice but to use a different fabric for the middle.  

But, why did I end up with a pieced strip at the bottom?  Yup, my backing wasn't long enough which I realized when I got to the last quilting row.  Ugh!  The quilting design at the end does not match up perfectly but it's good enough.  Finished is better than perfect!

I love this quilt and am adding it to my personal collection.


If you'd like to see what other quilters are sharing, please visit the following linky parties I'm happy to join: 
Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops