WIP Wednesday: RSC 2022 Finished Flimsies

 

Last month's RSC color was orange; and after making the 6 Red Cross blocks, I had enough blocks (32) to assemble the center of the top.


Setting triangles, a 1-1/2 inch inner border, and a 4-1/2 inch outer border complete the flimsy.  I think setting the blocks on-point adds a nice visual design.  Thank you to The Academic Quilter for the Red Cross block tutorial and quilt inspiration.


I was also able to complete this top after making the 9 orange blocks.  This pattern is Catching Rainbows by Bonnie Hunter @ Quiltville.


Bonnie made string blocks for her quilt, which I think looks great.  However, I wasn't eager to make these so I just used scrappy squares.  I love it!

For now, they are in my pile of flimsies to be quilted.  I may or may not get to these 2 before the end of the year.  Hard to believe that the year is almost over and the holidays are just around the corner!


I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing. 

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!


Comments

  1. Wow! Those are both awesome RSC quilts - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy what pretty quilts! Don't you just love how rsc encourages you to get more quilts done? Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops