Weekly Finish..Or Not: Halloween Stash Buster Challenge 2022


This is my second quilt top for the 2022 Stash Buster Challenge by Border Creek Station using the Jericho Walls block.  I posted about my first challenge quilt top here.


My first top has 32 blocks but the challenge requires 52 blocks to enter the drawing.  So, instead of making one huge quilt with 52 blocks, I opted to make 2 "smaller" quilts - albeit they're not so small!


I made this Halloween top using a bundle of coordinating fabric I've had in my stash for over a year.  It included two panels, one of which featured the 8 ravens.  The fabric line is Raven Moon by Robert Kaufman.


I didn't have nearly enough fabric from the bundle to finish the top and luckily I found more online to purchase.  I also used similar fabric from my stash.  The top has 44 blocks and measures about full size.  Add these 44 to the 32 blocks from my first quilt and I surely meet the 52-block requirement.

I thought I'd finish the quilt by Halloween but it's not going to happen.  For now, it's in my "to be quilted" pile for next year's Halloween.


I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.
Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!


Comments

  1. Both quilts look great in that pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of your Jericho Wall quilts. The Halloween quilt is spooktacular! It doesn't scream Halloween as the usual orange is completely ignored but it is still frightening. Mine will look more like your first Jericho Wall quilt as it is rainbow coloured. I haven't decided on the layout yet. Love yours on-point. I've really enjoyed making this block. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of scraps. Love your quilts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh Like that color combination!! what a pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both quilts are wonderful, I love how color placements change the pattern and the look!
    Thank you for sharing this pretty flimsy, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What striking quilts!! I think you met the challenge for sure. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF, sorry i am so late in responding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow it's so hard to see that those two quilts came from the same pattern. I love the Halloween version the best I think because of your clever use of the panel. The scrappy version is completely different but very lovely. Thanks for sharing on my 300th Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops