WIP Wednesday: Single Wedding Ring Quilt

 

This is a wedding quilt I am making for my neighbor's daughter.  We have been neighbors for 26 years, and I saw Makenna grow up from a toddler to a beautiful young lady, who recently graduated with a doctorate in pharmacy.

When we found out early this year that Makenna was getting married, my DH suggested a wedding quilt was in order, and I happily agreed.  Luckily, I had plenty of time as the bridal shower was not until January 2023.

As the months went by, I looked for a pattern that was just right.  Being a young woman, Makenna might like a "modern" quilt, but I breathed a sigh of relief when she told me she liked an "old lady look".  I certainly knew what that was!


I decided to go with one of my favorite blocks for wedding quilts: the Single Wedding Ring.


I started cutting and sewing the blocks in October and made 32 blocks for an on-point setting. 

Alice's Wedding Quilt

 I used the same floral fabric I have in my stash and I also used it for my friend's wedding quilt. Alice's quilt has 20 blocks in a straight setting.


After finding just the right fabric for the setting triangles and fussing with the design, I am now ready to sew it up.  
But I've now decided to add a scallop border and that means I have to order more of the same fabric as the triangles.  I hope it comes soon as January is just around the corner!


I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing. 

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops