Weekly Finish #37 and #38: Foresta Fusion Simple Hearts and St. Patty's Picture Frame
Foresta Fusion Simple Hearts Quilt
Finished Size: 52" x 60"
This is another lap quilt completed for 2022. I finished the top in February hoping I'd have the quilt completed by Valentine's Day but that sure didn't happen :)
I quilted it with Heart Triangles, an E2E design pre-installed in my Moxie.
Each heart block is 6" and there are 49 blocks in a 7 x 7 setting.
I used a floral backing and Warm & Natural batting.
I love this quilt but will probably gift or donate it. I plan to make another with 8-inch blocks which I plan to keep.
UPDATE: Gifted this quilt to my cousin Gloria on January 6, 2023
Here's another top that I pieced in February and finally completed the quilt. I was posted about my progress here.
I was inspired by this quilt I found online and like much better than mine which is scrappier.
After I finished the top, I was okay with it but not thrilled. I thought I would just keep it as a flimsy and use it as a table cover. Then I thought I would finish it and gift it as a birthday gift to a dear friend. However, now that it's quilted I like it much better and think I'll just keep it😃.
I quilted it with an E2E Clover design and used polyester batting.
I think it'll be a wonderful decoration for the St. Patty's holiday.
I'm happy to join these linky parties. Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts & Doll quilts
- Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
- Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Off The Wall Friday @ Creations...By Nina-Marie
- Peacock Party @ Wendy's Quilts and More
- Put Your Foot Down @ True Blue Quilts
- Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting
- TGIFF Friday Finish @ Devoted Quilter
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Can I Get a Whoop Whoop @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Patchwork & Quilts @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
Both are lovely quilts! xoReplyDelete
Ohhhh I like Both of them!!! You will have a quilt for each holiday!! The hearts are wonderful !! and your Green one!! That one is just so cool!! Glad you kept it!!!!ReplyDelete
Wow two quilt finishes! You are closing out the year with a bang. Each is so pretty and oh so special. Loving the St Patty's one as I'm Irish.ReplyDelete
Both quilts are lovely, and congratulations on the finishes! The Heart one is pretty and the quilting pattern just perfect. Keeping the green one for yourself is also a good idea ;)ReplyDelete
I like your heart quilt very much. I have a box of "Valentine" fabrics that I am going to use for a "someday" quilt with hearts. Your heart quilt is telling me to start one of my own. And I don't have a green quilt for St. Patrick's Day - I am glad you like yours and are keeping it. Good for you! Hugs, JudyReplyDelete