WIP Wednesday: Simple Hearts & Old Time Christmas BOM


 I decided to make another Simple Hearts quilt this year for Valentine's Day and have made 3 of each one of the 6" blocks shown above.  I just need to add sashing to finish the top so hopefully, I can complete the quilt by Valentine's Day.


This is the small quilt I made last year using this same pattern and posted about it here and here.  Simple Hearts is a free pattern from Cluck Cluck Sew and is a really fun block to make.


This Simple Hearts quilt by Sharon Holland was my inspiration.  She used the Foresta Fusion collection by Art Gallery Fabrics and, well, yes, I had to make my own quilt using these same fabrics.  I love those colors!


And, I finally started on the Old Time Christmas Patchwork BOM from Shabby Fabrics.


This was a 6-month program that started in October and is no longer available.  Each kit contains fabric to complete 2 blocks and so far I have 8 blocks done.  Two more kits and I'll have the 12 blocks.  I'll just have to add my own border and backing fabrics.  I am really loving these block-of-the-month kits.

If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:  

Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Stitch Sew & Show @ Life in the Scrapatch
Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
Put Your Foot Down @ For The Love of Geese

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!


Comments

  1. Sweet heart blocks!!! And you're making great progress on your Christmas sampler!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Old Time Christmas will be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita those hearts are so pretty! Very tempting to make a few. Love the Old Time Christmas Patchwork quilt you've started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really loving that Christmas quilt! Thanks for sharing your progress on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Old Time Christmas is going to beautiful, love the hears too. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops