Weekly Finish #4: International Sisters Quilt #3

International Sisters Quilt #3

Finished Size: 60" x 76"

This is the third International Sisters Quilt I've made using the sister blocks from Sew Preeti.  Last year, I gifted one to my sister and posted about it here.  When a very dear friend of my sister saw it, she fell in love with it and asked if I would make one for her.  I accepted because I could never say no to my sister who asked on her friend's behalf, and her friend agreed to reimburse the cost of materials.


There is a very personal story behind this quilt, which was made to honor the recipient's brother who died in 1988, and I offered to add pictures of her brother and family.  I was happy to donate my time and labor to make this special quilt.


And, of course, RBG is in the center of all these beautiful ladies.  The RBG block was specifically requested for this quilt because Justice Ginsberg fought hard for women's rights and sexual justice.


I used Kaffe Fassett prints for the dresses and added the scalloped border for a special effect.  It is well worth the extra effort.


I quilted it with an E2E design named Rose Garden, and the backing is a soft floral print in orange which is the recipient's favorite color. 

I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.
  • Patchwork & Quilts @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
  • Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
  • Sew & Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
  • Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
  • Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
  • Needle and Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. original , jolie réalisation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt with a sweet story behind it. I'm sure the recipient was thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a special quilt, and the scalloped border looks very pretty. I love the photos on the backing too.
    Thank you so much for sharing, and linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvelous quilt. I love it and appreciate your joining the Sew & Tell party.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops