Weekly Finish #7: Intrepid Wall Hanging

 Intrepid Wall Hanging


Finished Size: 40" x 48"


I made this wall hanging for darling husband from a kit I purchased last year at the International Quilt Festival.  We were together when we spotted the booth for The Quilters Clinic, and this is the kit he chose.  I'd wanted to make a geometric quilt for a long time and thought a small wall hanging would be a good first one.


The pattern is designed to use strips.  And since I didn't have an equilateral triangle template, I found a way to use my 12-inch ruler as my guide.  There were tons of triangles to cut; and after cutting a few strips utilizing this method, I knew this was going to take me forever. So I turned to my Accuquilt GO cutter and discovered I had the perfect equilateral triangle die. Yippee!  But I was a bit miffed when I sewed the triangles together that the ruler-cut and die-cut triangles didn't perfectly match.  If you look closely at the first picture, you will notice some of the seams are a bit jagged.


Darling husband was with me when I was at the fabric store looking for backing material so I asked him to pick something he liked.  And he chose this panel.  Not exactly what I had in but I love it.  The green fabric used for the borders is from my stash.



I used a simple quilting design that wouldn't interfere with the beautiful panel print.  It is Fleur De Lys from Urban Elementz.


Darling hubby loves his quilt.  I'm just not sure which side he likes better!😍


I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Follow me on Bloglovin'              Follow me on Feedly



Comments

  1. Wow, what a striking quilt, I love it! Both sides, like your husband too ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Such bright colors. And it seems that it could be reversible. Thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops