Weekly Finish #10: International Sisters Quilt

International Sisters Quilt


Finished Size: 87" x 102"

This was the first quilt top I started with Sew Preeti's International Sister Block, which I finished last year.  I previously posted about this quilt here.  Then, I put it on the back burner to make one for my sister, which I posted about here.


Then, earlier this year, my sister's friend commissioned me to make one, which I posted about here.  Do you see RBG among the sisters?


I love making this block.  That's a good thing because my granddaughter recently asked for one after seeing her aunt's quilt.


I made 54 blocks for this quilt, and each block finishes at 10".



I quilted it with the Lace Leaf E2E design from My Creative Stitches and used Warm & Natural batting.


I bought this wonderful backing from Joann.com named Hispanic Heritage Prints Latina Pride.  It was on clearance and I received an additional 15% discount for an 8-yard bolt.  It came out to a whopping $2.20 per yard.  Love it!

I am so glad to finally finish this quilt and add it to my personal collection.


I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.


Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. All of these quilts are beautiful! Your family will treasure them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tire of the International Sisters quilts. Clearly your fan base doesn't either. Whose idea was it to add RBG? Such fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the block by Rebecca Grace Quilting honoring RBG. She was generous to provide a free tutorial, but I made my RBG block a little different. Thank you for the visit and comment!

      Delete
  3. Wow that's a lovely quilt! That backing you found is perfect and at $2.20 per yard, it's even perfect-er! I remember the earlier versions and love that they include RGB. So cool that now your granddaughter wants one too! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/09/06/wednesday-wait-loss-344

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Sister quilt looks fabulous, love the borders! It was fun lo look back at the previous versions you made, you 3 girls look great together! It's a good thing that you love making this lovely pattern, specially as you are going to sew another quilt ;))
    Thanks for sharing all these ladies, and linking up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops