Weekly Finish #16: What Cancer Cannot Do #2

 What Cancer Cannot Do


Finished Size: 42" x 53"


About a month ago, a dear friend contacted me to let me know that she had been in the hospital for a stem cell transplant due to having contracted myeloma.  I couldn't visit with her as she had to remain isolated for a couple months.  
Although I wasn't sure when I'd be able to give it to her, I made this quilt not only to give her some comfort but to also give me some comfort as I made it.

In my research, I discovered that red is the color of a blood cancer ribbon.  I found plenty of fabric with pink ribbons but none with red ribbons.  The best I could find was a print with pink ribbons on a red background.  I also used a dark red fabric in some of the blocks.  

But more important are the inspirational quotes in defiance of cancer.  I hope she is inspired and comforted by these words and knows that this quilt is full of love and hugs.

“I may not be able to change what happens to me. I refuse to be reduced by it.”
~ by poet Maya Angelou



I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.
  • Patchwork & Quilts @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
  • Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
  • Sew & Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
  • Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts & Doll Quilts
  • Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
  • Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
  • Needle & Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
  • Put Your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
  • TGIFF @ Quilting Gail
  • Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
  • Finished (or Not) Friday @ Alycia Quilts
  • Peacock Party @ Wendy's Quilts
  • Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
  • Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting
  • Off The Wall Friday @ Creations...By Nina-Marie
Until next time ... 

Be happy and keep on quilting!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops