Weekly Finish ... Or Not: Quilts for Kids - 7 Tops Completed

 

Early in my quilting journey, I discovered Project Linus and got involved with my local chapter after reading about Project Linus in the newspaper. I decided to make quilts for kids a priority and made my first donation in 2001.

I used 5-inch squares of novelty fabrics to make this set of 6 quilts.  

I continued to donate quilts to PL until 2008 when I retired...50 quilts later.  With more flexibility with my time, I was able to focus more on family and other interests. I did make a few more tops for PL which were put in storage for 10 years until 2020 when I got back to my quilting.  Sadly, two years ago I discovered my local PL chapter no longer existed and the closest drop-off site was over 20 miles away.  I made the trip to deliver the 10 completed quilts from those old tops and then made a second trip last year to deliver 11 more quilts.  And that was it for me...until now.

Earlier this year I found the Facebook page for Project Linus USA and saw there was a new chapter that covered my area.  Better still, they have a local drop-off site at the Joann's store.  So I am now back to making comfort quilts for Project Linus, and these are the first 7 tops ready to be quilted and donated in 2024.


I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.
  • Patchwork & Quilts @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
  • Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
  • Sew & Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
  • Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts & Doll Quilts
  • Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
  • Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
  • Needle & Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
  • Put Your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
  • TGIFF @ Quilting Gail
  • Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
  • Finished (or Not) Friday @ Alycia Quilts
  • Peacock Party @ Wendy's Quilts
  • Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
  • Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting
  • Off The Wall Friday @ Creations...By Nina-Marie
Until next time ... 

Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops