Weekly Finish #18: Warmth of our Stars

Warmth of Our Stars

 

Finished Size:  84" square

I LOVE this quilt!  It is definitely one of my favorite quilts.


This quilt was designed by Scott Flanagan and was featured in Love of Quilting magazine as a 6-part series.  It is mainly strip piecing and was easy to put together.  It is so simple but so elegant and beautiful!


Earlier this year I was invited to my cousin's birthday party for her 80th birthday in November.  Of course, I had to make her a special quilt.  When I saw this design on social media, I knew it was just right for my cousin, who is a stellar musician and used to be a Folklorico dancer.


The original pattern uses a plain border or piano keys as an alternate border.  I preferred the pieced border but needed more time for one.  Luckily, I had this striped fabric in my stash which was perfect.



I used the Music Meander E2E design from Pro-Stitcher.




I chose this fabric because the colors match the top.  If you look closely you will see the Jack O'Lantern and know it is a Halloween print.  I don't think my cousin will mind if she notices.

I used Warm & Natural for the batting and I sewed the binding on by hand.


And a label completes the quilt!



UPDATE 11/10: I mailed the quilt and my cousin received it a few days before her birthday.  This is the picture she sent me with a beautiful thank you note.  She loved it so much it brought tears to her eyes!


I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.
  • Patchwork & Quilts @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
  • Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
  • Sew & Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
  • Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts & Doll Quilts
  • Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
  • Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
  • Needle & Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
  • Put Your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
  • TGIFF @ Quilting Gail
  • Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
  • Finished (or Not) Friday @ Alycia Quilts
  • Peacock Party @ Wendy's Quilts
  • Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
  • Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting
  • Off The Wall Friday @ Creations...By Nina-Marie
Until next time ... 

Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops