Weekly Finish #19: Stashbuster Challenge 2023 Northwind Block

Stashbuster Challenge 2023 Northwind Block


Finished Size: 80" square


I previously posted about this top here.  The annual challenge by Border Creek Station starts January 1 which is to make 1 block a week.  And, at the end of the year, you will have enough blocks to make a large quilt.


I didn't start making the blocks until February and thought I'd make just enough blocks to "catch up".  But once I started I couldn't stop and by March I had made 64 blocks - enough to meet the challenge.


I used an 8 x 8 layout and each block is 9" finished.  I used some really old and ugly fabrics and I wasn't sure I would like it.  But now that it's quilted and completed I love it!



I quilted it with a dark brown thread and an E2E design called Curls and Pearls.  I wish I had used a lighter brown but I used what I had on hand.  The backing is a cotton sheet and the batting is Warm & Natural.


 And a label completes the quilt!

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!


I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.
  • Patchwork & Quilts @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
  • Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
  • Sew & Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
  • Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts & Doll Quilts
  • Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
  • Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
  • Needle & Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
  • Put Your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
  • TGIFF @ Quilting Gail
  • Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
  • Finished (or Not) Friday @ Alycia Quilts
  • Peacock Party @ Wendy's Quilts
  • Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
  • Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting
  • Off The Wall Friday @ Creations...By Nina-Marie
Until next time ... 

Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops