Weekly Finish #20: Wild Deer Rag Quilt

Wild Deer Rag Quilt

 

Finished Size: 64" x 72"

In early December DH asked me to make a quilt he could gift to a good friend.  My first reaction was "No way, Jose!" I was working on projects I hoped to finish by the year's end, and I also wondered whether the friend would appreciate a handmade quilt.


Years ago, I made several rag quilts which were quick and easy.  I remembered I had two bolts of flannel fabric that I bought at a thrift store, and I also had a rag-square die for my cutter.  Bingo!  I figured a soft and warm flannel "blanket" would be more suitable.


It took me 5 days to complete this quilt, and DH was able to gift it a few days ago.  This is my final quilt for 2023.


Making this rag quilt reminded me how much fun they are to make.  And, of course, the die with the cutter makes it so much faster.  I'm planning to make a few in 2024 to donate to Project Linus as I have a couple more bolts of flannel.


I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.
  • Patchwork & Quilts @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
  • Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
  • Sew & Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
  • Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts & Doll Quilts
  • Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
  • Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
  • Needle & Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
  • Put Your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
  • TGIFF @ Quilting Gail
  • Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
  • Finished (or Not) Friday @ Alycia Quilts
  • Peacock Party @ Wendy's Quilts
  • Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
  • Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting
  • Off The Wall Friday @ Creations...By Nina-Marie
Until next time ... 

Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops