Weekly Finish...Or Not: Split 9-Patch Variation Top

I made a Split 9-Patch quilt in 2000 from charm squares I obtained from Y2K swaps on the Internet between 1999 and 2000.  I was inspired to create the quilt from a quilt I saw in a quilting magazine.  The design was called Mock Log Cabin.

I gave this quilt to my daughter.

One of my quilting goals for this year was to recreate this quilt using 3" scraps from my stash.  I couldn't find the original magazine with the Mock Log Cabin pattern but I found the Split 9-Patch block which was the same pattern.

I started the top in January intending to make a block or two per week.  But after making the first few blocks, I lost interest.  I wasn't getting the same "vibe" as the original so I put it on the back burner.  But I got to it again as the end of the year got closer and I finally finished the top this week.   Another top added to the "to be quilted" pile!


I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.
  • Patchwork & Quilts @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
  • Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
  • Sew & Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
  • Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts & Doll Quilts
  • Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
  • Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
  • Needle & Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
  • Put Your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
  • TGIFF @ Quilting Gail
  • Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
  • Finished (or Not) Friday @ Alycia Quilts
  • Peacock Party @ Wendy's Quilts
  • Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
  • Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting
  • Off The Wall Friday @ Creations...By Nina-Marie
Until next time ... 

Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops