Weekly Finish #7: Jungle Animals & Butterflies 2020

 


Finally finished quilting and binding the second top my DD made.  After my Mega Quilter konked out, I finished quilting the border on my regular machine with a straight stitch.  BTW, I dropped off my machine and it'll take 4 weeks (a month!) to get it back.  They are super busy with repairs due to the pandemic.  Sigh. 


I cut my binding strips 2-1/4" for the 1/4-inch binding that was necessary so as not to lose the points on the squares-on-point. 


I used the same fabric for the binding and backing -- an orange Swiss-type fabric with small flowers and green leaves.  I bought this "remnant" that was about 4-5 yards last year at a thrift store.  It was perfect and it's always great to "shop" your stash. 


The quilt measures 56" x 82" and is nice throw size.  My doggies always think the quilts belong to them but I think this quilt is just a bit too big for Jackie. She's wagging her tail to convince me it's just right for her. She's just so cute!


And, just once more, here is the first of the two tops DD made. This one has a solid border and was probably the second one she made.  I think the border with the squares-on-point on the other top must have been too challenging to do again😜. 

I'm so glad they are now both finished.  I'm not sure if I'm going to hang on to them for a great-grandbaby which could be years from now! Or gift them to a foster mother I know who has two little girls of her own.  She is an amazing young woman and her girls are adorable.

Linking up with:

Until next time ... be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. Congrats on finishing your daughter's 2nd quilt. You ladies did great teamwork! Hoping your Mega Quilter machine will be OK. It's NO FUN when your work horse decides it needs a vacation! (My longarm was out of commission for most of the summer.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very bold and bright quilts, which is the very best kind! Congrats on getting both finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the colors on this one too!! they are just so happy. Sorry about the konking out!! hopefully they can repair it really really really quick!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both beautiful quilts, and yay for shopping the stash. Bummer on the length of time to get your Mega Quilter back; so many strange things like that with this pandemic. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops