Weekly Finish #9: Halloween Warm Wishes 2020

 

I previously posted about this Halloween quilt top as a WIP.  And, although it probably needs more quilting, the binding is on so I'm going to say it's a finish!




I did stitch-in-the-ditch along the rows and columns; and I also did some criss-cross diagonal quilting.  

Sadly, so sadly, in the middle of quilting this, my brand new Elna that I bought in January froze on me!  The handwheel is stuck and there's no other remedy but to take it back to the dealer.  What is going on, for goodness sakes?  I'm still waiting for my Mega Quilter machine to come back from the repair shop.  

So, I brought out my 20+-year-old Bernina, which had also needed repair end of last year.  But she worked like a champ and I was able to finish the quilting.


The backing is a simple white and lime green zig zag.  I used remnant pieces that I sewed together for the batting.


The quilt measures 60" square so it's a generous lap-size.  It's going in the pile of quilts for Project Linus waiting for the time when the organization is ready for donations.

In the meantime, I'll put it out when October rolls around.  Halloween is one of my favorite holidays to decorate, second to Christmas.  I don't go all out as I used to when the kids were little.  And, this year I'll have an empty nest and no trick-or-treaters; but I can still decorate.

We're in the middle of a heatwave with temperatures of 111 expected this Labor Day weekend so I'm still in "summer" mode.  But next week I'll think about bringing down the fall decorations.  I am so ready for cooler weather!

Update 9/9/20: I did more quilting along the strips which made a big difference.  I also added a small label since this quilt will be donated.


Linking up with:

Until next time ... be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. So glad you had your old Bernina so you could finish. We all need to have at least 2 or 3 machines sometimes. Sure a child will love your Halloween quilt for many love the decorative skulls anytime of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Halloween colours. Your quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You found some fun fabrics for this one. I'm sure someone will be really excited to receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hallowe'en Warm Wishes quilt is lovely! I hope your machines get fixed quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're empty nesters this year, too. I might be prejudice, but Berninas are the work horse of the quilting world! Mine is 25 years old, same age as our youngest DD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh!! this is so great! I love that pattern - and it really showcases you fabrics!!! Perfect timing too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops