Design Wall Monday: Single Wedding Ring Update

 

This wedding ring quilt continues to be a work-in-progress which I posted about last week. I knew I wanted to do a pieced border on this top and thought I might do a ribbon or a twisted pole.  I wasn't sure so I went online for inspiration and finally decided to use leftover scraps from the blocks using HSTs.


At first, I thought pinwheels would be great.  I love pinwheels but when I auditioned them, I thought they were too big and overwhelming.


Then I thought I'd do a zigzag border similar to the one I did on my Frolic Mystery quilt. But, again, it just didn't work for me.



I tried a few other border designs but they were all too much and seemed to detract from the main blocks.


I then thought I'd try one row of HSTs instead of the two rows I'd been working with ... and, bingo!  The single row of HSTs is simple but complements the blocks and adds interest to the overall design.

Now I'm off to make more HSTs.  I plan to finish the top this week and get it quilted next week for another 2020 finish.

Here in Southern California, we're on a 3-week limited stay-at-home order so I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to see my friend, especially since we're both in the high-risk category.  But January 2021 is just around the corner and better times are ahead.


If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:  

Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Monday Making @ Love Laugh Quilt
Oh! Scrap @ Quilting Is More Fun...

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops