Weekly Finish ... Or Not: Dandy Star Stash Buster

I started working on this top a couple of months ago and posted updates about it here, here, and here.  And, I am so happy that it is finally finished.

My original plan was to make 56 blocks with a simple 7x8 setting and was so happy when I finally finished the 56th block.  But I was inspired by Marian Birch's scrappy quilt with the beautiful ribbon inner border and decided that's what I wanted to do.  After I started working on the twisted ribbon border, I realized I would need more Dandy Star blocks LOL.  I ended up making 11 more blocks, for a total of 67 blocks.  I need only 52 blocks to meet the challenge so I am definitely in!

 I didn't have a pattern for the ribbon border, so I had a bit of a problem with the corners.  I used instructions I found online and after a couple of misfits, I found the perfect fit.  However, the corners were another issue.  They're not perfect but I'm okay with how it turned out.

I hope I can get the quilt finished by the end of the year, but for now, it's going into my "to be quilted" pile.


I'm linking up to the following parties.  Please visit them if you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are doing:

Until next time ... be happy and keep on quilting!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

 

Comments

  1. Your quilt is so beautiful! The ribbon border really adds some zing! I look forward to seeing how you quilt it, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful with all those variations of red. The ribbon border looks perfect to me. I'm so impressed with your designing talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! The ribbon border is a wonderful accent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the ribbon border is stunning - beautiful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! The ribbon inner border is a special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing off this lovely quilt top, Rita! That ribbon border makes it extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your choice to continue past the original 7 x 8 setting made all the difference. Your corner solution for the ribbon border works beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, the ribbon border was a great decision.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The ribbon inner border makes this a winner

    ReplyDelete
  10. That border really makes this quilt pop! So pretty! Thank you for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful scrap quilt, Rita!!! And your ribbon inner border brings it up several notches!!! The ribbon corners look great from here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a beautiful job on your Dandy Star quilt - Love the ribbon border - it really added to your quilt. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops