Throwback Thursday: Y2K Millennium Charm Swap Quilts

I started my quilting journey way back in 1999 as we were getting ready for the end of the second millennium.  Being a new quilter, I was caught up in the Y2K charm swaps and participated in several swaps between 1999 and 2000.  Four, as a matter of fact, and 21 years later, I finally completed my fourth Y2K quilt.  I thought I'd do a little show-and-tell going back to my first one from 2000.


 1. Mock Log Cabin - finished June 2000 - made from 3-inch charm squares - the quilt measures 80" x 96" - gifted to my DD.


2. William's Charm Quilt - finished July 2004 - made from 2,000 squares that were originally 3" but I trimmed them down to 2-1/2".  I gifted this quilt to a co-worker.


3. Y2K Charm Quilt - started in 2006 and finished December 2020 - made from 2-1/2" squares.  There are 2,000 charms plus signature squares.  The quilt measures 86" x 105" and is currently on my bed.


4. Y2K Wedding Rings Quilt - finished December 2021 - last but not least, my final millennium quilt and most recent finish.  I must say this is my favorite of all four.  It took three tries and 20 years to get it right!  LOL!

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops