Weekly Finish #34: Old Time Christmas Quilt

Old Time Christmas Quilt

Finished Size: 48" x 61"

I finished the top in May and finally finished the quilt 3 weeks ago so it could be ready for Christmas. It is from a block-of-the-month program from Shabby Fabrics that ran from October 2021 to March 2022.  I posted about my progress here and here.  



I love, love, love this quilt.  The blocks are so beautiful and weren't as challenging to piece as they look.   But they were a little time-consuming so making just two every month worked great for me.


I found the backing fabric from the same collection during a quilters' run in July on clearance at a 50% discount.  I should have done better with piecing the back but I'm okay with it.


Here's a close-up of the backing.  I just love it!



I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.
Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. What a delightful quilt to brighten your home for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt! So perfect for Christmas. That backing was a lucky find and so pretty too. Just love poinsettias. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't commented here before but I had to say how much I love this one! I am making something similar by Coriander Quilts and love the big blocks. Yes, they are time consuming but gorgeous when done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt. Congratulations on finishing it up in advance of the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Rita! Just in time for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great quilt. I assume the finished blocks were 12"? I'm trying to decide if the monthly blocks were maybe 8" and then there was a frame around them? No matter how they are done it is a great quilt. I particularly like the stripe binding. Excellent choice. How great to find backing fabric at 50% off. What a win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful....what a treasure!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops