Weekly Finish...Or Not: Chilhowie Mystery and Rams NFL Team

My first two finishes of 2023 even if they are only tops.  And so the fun begins!

This top is Chilhowie, Bonnie Hunter's 2022 mystery quilt.  

The colors orange, purple, and aqua are Bonnie's and out of my comfort zone.  But this was a mystery and I couldn't envision another color scheme so I stayed with these colors.

I was unsure that I would like this colorway but now that the top is finished I love it! And I must say that with so many small pieces the pattern begins to get tiresome as I get closer to the finish.  So I am super happy this is finished for now.  I still need to get backing fabric and I plan to finish it before the next mystery.




The second finished top is one I'm making for my daughter.  After I made the Raiders Quilt for my SIL, I offered to make a quilt of her favorite team for her birthday this month.

I used the same pattern for both quilts.  It is the "1st and 10" web bonus free pattern from McCalls Quilting.


This is a fast and easy pattern, and I plan to use it again with non-sports fabric.  The blocks are 12 inches and the finished quilt size is 76" x 100" so a nice larger size.  I just need to get backing fabric so I can finish it and mail it to her in Kentucky.



I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.
Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!




Comments

  1. Your Chilhowie is so beautiful! And how nice of you to make that quilt for your daughter. She'll love it. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great on Bonnie's. The colors are great and remind me of Southwest. I have the pattern downloaded and yours is beautiful. Will consider this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both tops especially the "sports" quilt blocks but the colours in Chilhowie are amazing.
    I look forward to seeing both finished too.
    Thanks for joining in TGIFF...xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Chilhowie, the color combo is wonderful and plays so well. Fun sport quilt too! Congratulations on finishing two tops.
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you made Chilhowie your own! Yes, the small pieces and many points felt like there were millions of them to me. . .but, a finished top is darn sweet! Well done!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Chilhowie, Rita!!! I like your elongated stars in the sashing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops