Weekly Finish #8: Catching Rainbows RSC 2022

Catching Rainbows

Finished Size: 83" x 94"



I finished the top for this quilt last year and posted about it here.  The pattern is Catching Rainbows by Bonnie Hunter @ Quiltville.  I chose this pattern for the 2022 Rainbow Scrap Challenge by ScrapHappy.


At first, I wasn't sure of the multi-color dots in the background fabric because it reminded me of measles😂.  But now that the quilt is finished, I think it's just right.




I chose a simple quilting design by My Creative Stitches called Cactus-Flower-Clamshell.


The quilt required 9-1/2 yards for the backing so I pieced it from material in my stash, and I used Warm & Natural batting, as usual.

I love Bonnie Hunter's designs but they entail so many small pieces and are larger sizes.  This top took me about 5 months to complete, working on it in between other projects.  It was a lot of work and I love it so it's a keeper.


I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.
  • Patchwork & Quilts @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
  • Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
  • Sew & Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
  • Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts & Doll Quilts
  • Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
  • Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Follow me on Bloglovin'              Follow me on Feedly


Comments

  1. Your layout with the color continuing in the border is really creative. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning finish. I particularly like how bright the border is surrounding the more subtle block section. Well worth the time you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing, Rita!!! I understand about BH patterns--intense! Love the background--it add an aura from a distance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I LOVE this one!!!! All the happy colors and such a great block!! I think your multi colored polka dots was perfect!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect quilt for RSC! The result is so lovely. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops