Weekly Finish #11-#12: Green Quilts Dandy Star SBC 2021 and Weed Whacker


Dandy Star Stash Buster Challenge 2021


Finished Size: 62" x 70"


I finished this top last year and previously posted about it here.  At that time, I was unhappy with it and put it on the back burner, but a month later I finished it with an inner border and an outer pieced border.  The borders make a big difference, and I like it much better.


There are 42 blocks, and each block is 9" finished.  The inner border is 2" and the pieced border is 6".


I used the "Damask" E2E quilt design.


The backing is a pretty green leaf cotton-blend sheet, and the batting is Warm & Natural.

For now, it's in my personal collection but I may donate it if the need arises.




Green Weed Whacker


Finished Size:  64" x 84"


This is another top that I finished last year and posted about it here.  Weed Whacker is a free pattern by Bonnie Hunter, and I have made several quilts with this pattern.  These green strips were originally sewn together years ago, and there are many UGLY fabrics.  But now that it's all put together and quilted, I really like this scrappy green quilt.


There are 48 blocks and each block is 9" finished.  The inner border is 2", and I used the leftover HSTs from the blocks to make the pinwheels for the outer border.


I used the "Fern" E2E quilt design.

The backing is a cotton-blend sheet, and the batting is Warm & Natural.

Hubby saw this one as I finished quilting it and said he liked it, so it's now his "couch" quilt.


I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.
  • Patchwork & Quilts @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
  • Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
  • Sew & Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
  • Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts & Doll Quilts
  • Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
  • Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
  • Needle & Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
  • Put Your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
  • TGIFF @ Anja Quilts
  • Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
  • Finished (or Not) Friday @ Alycia Quilts
  • Peacock Party @ Wendy's Quilts
  • Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
  • Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting
  • Off The Wall Friday @ Creations...By Nina-Marie


Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. A couple of fabulous stash busters, Rita!!! 👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very lovely finishes! You have a lot of green scraps. I'm guessing it might be one of your favorite colors. Easy to tell why, given how pretty these turned out. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/09/13/wednesday-wait-loss-345

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops