Weekly Finish #13-#14: Jelly Roll Sizzle and Villa Rosa Zipper

 

Jelly Roll Sizzle

Finished Size: 55" sq.


I don't know why, but a few years ago I bought 2 "wine" jelly rolls from Joann's.  The rolls were stored away and put on the back burner until this year when I saw the free FQS Jelly Roll Sizzle pattern by Pat Sloan.  I previously posted a picture of the top here.

I wanted the pinwheels to stand out and considered red.  But thought it would blend in too much with the red strips so I went with a dark green.  After completing the top, however, I regretted not going with the red pinwheels.

The border fabric is from my stash.  I thought the green grapes would fit right in with the "wine" theme of the blocks.

I used the Field of Flowers E2E quilt design from PSL.  The backing is yardage from my stash, and the batting is pieced from leftover pieces of Warm & Natural.



Zipper by Villa Rosa Designs

Finished Size: 55" x 72"



Last year, I bought a kit from Villa Rosa Designs during one of the Fry-Day Happy Hour live sales on YouTube.


I love Villa Rosa Designs.  They are fast, easy, and look great.

I used the Wrenchworks E2E quilt design from PSL.  The backing is a cotton-blend sheet, and the batting is Warm & Natural.


UPDATE (9/11): Both quilts were also donated to the Maui Fire victims via the Maui Quilt Shop.  I hope these quilts bring some sense of comfort to those affected by this tragedy.


I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.


Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. Beautiful donation quilts, they look very pretty. I love the green pinwheels, they look great with the fabrics. Red would have been nice too, but I love the green version ;))
    Zipper is fun and pretty!
    Thank you for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops