Weekly Finish #17: Chihowie Mystery Quilt 2023

Chilhowie Mystery Quilt

Finished Size:  77" square

This is my fifth Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt, which I started in December 2022.  I actually kept up with the clues and finished the top in January.  I previously posted about my Chilhowie top here.


Now that the new mystery is around the corner, I thought it was time to finish my Chilhowie mystery quilt 


I'm not very good at picking color combinations especially when the design is a mystery so I keep Bonnie's colors the same.  This color combination was way out of my comfort zone but I love it.


Most of the fabrics are from my stash but I did have to buy additional fabric as these are not colors I normally use.  This quilt is a bit smaller than the previous mystery quilts but it still had plenty of small pieces!


I used an E2E Baptist Fan design for quilting and Warm & Natural for the batting.

I found this funky abstract print and thought it was perfect for the backing.  I used a solid aqua print for the binding.

And a label completes the quilt!


I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.
  • Patchwork & Quilts @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
  • Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework
  • Sew & Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
  • Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts & Doll Quilts
  • Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
  • Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter
  • Needle & Thread Thursday @ My Quilt Infatuation
  • Put Your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
  • TGIFF @ Quilting Gail
  • Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
  • Finished (or Not) Friday @ Alycia Quilts
  • Peacock Party @ Wendy's Quilts
  • Brag About Your Beauties @ From Bolt to Beauty
  • Friday Foto Fun @ Powered by Quilting
  • Off The Wall Friday @ Creations...By Nina-Marie
Until next time ... 

Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops