Weekly Finish #16: Floral Lucky Stars 2020


I finished the top for this quilt more than 2 months ago and posted about my work-in-progress here and here. I am so happy to finally get it quilted and bound so I can gift it.


Lucky Stars by Atkinson Designs is one of my favorite patterns and I love the floral fabrics in this quilt.  I have enough to make another quilt and I'm tempted to make one for myself.😃


The backing is reddish-pink paisley that complements the red and pink overall color scheme of the top.  I also used the same fabric for the binding which is sewn by machine.




I quilted it with a simple loopy heart E2E pantograph which is a fast and easy design that goes well with this pattern.  And, I used lightweight polyester batting.

The quilt measures 57" x 69" ~ a nice size to wrap herself in love with her children.


If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:

Until next time ... be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. Beautiful finish and I love that pattern, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty quilt. Looks like a great pattern for scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pattern choice. Fascinating secondary effect achieved with the border on each block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful finish, and a lovely gift! I understand why you want to make another one for yourself! Nice quilting design too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice finish. I'm sure the recipient will enjoy it. I was trying to ID the pattern when I read Lucky Stars... I love many of Atkinson's designs. I may have to see if I happen to own that one too. What poly batting do you like best. I've been thinking of doing some of my quilts with a poly batting -- mainly because they won't weigh so much. Many of the quilts I do get mailed out. I would think poly would make for a lighter quilt.... so, just curious. Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and I think that your heart quilting motif will be perfect with the pink and red fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh How pretty this one is!! I can understand wanting to make on for yoU!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely finish! Oh I'd make one for myself for sure. I think it was meant to be! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops