WIP Work In Progress: Charming Christmas Update

I've made some progress on my Charming Christmas top since last week when I posted about it here.

The pattern calls for 25 Jacobs Ladder blocks but I made my top smaller with only 20 blocks.  


I am so glad I decided to go with a pieced outer border rather than a solid one.  I had some leftover HSTs and used these to make 3" hourglass units for the border.


I still have to figure out the backing and then quilt it.  I hope to get it finished next week.




My Floral Lucky Stars top is another work-in-progress which I posted about two months ago.  I'm finally quilting it this week and it should be a Friday Finish.  Can't wait!



And, today I finished Give A Gift block 3 in A Very Coriander Christmas BOM subscription.  It feels good to be caught up.


This is the first time I've participated in a block-of-the-month program. The blocks do look complicated but they're pretty big at 18" so the pieces are not difficult to work with. I am really enjoying the leisure of making one block at a time. 


If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:  

Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. Hi Rita! Gosh, I adore your border for Charming Christmas. The layout and fabrics are so pleasing - I'm glad you're going to finish it up soon. I can't wait to see how you quilt it! I've never tried a BOM subscription. Your block 3 looks lovely and yay you for being caught up. Thank you so much for linking up this week! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very productive week! I like the border of hourglass blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops