WIP Work In Progress: Charming Christmas & Frolic Mystery Update


 I've made some progress on my Charming Christmas top since I posted about it here.  The center blocks are done and now I need to do the outer half-blocks.  It'll continue to be a WIP over the next week or two.



And, here's more progress on my Frolic Mystery quilt which I started back in January and previously posted about it here and here.  I finally got it quilted.


I usually make lap- or throw-size quilts so this quilt is one of the largest I've had to quilt.  It measures about 82" square and I was anxious about quilting it.


Since the top is so scrappy, I chose this simple scroll pantograph.  It was a fast and easy design, and I'm happy with the results.  I just need to bind it so hopefully, I'll have the quilt completed by Friday.  



And, I finally finished Sparkle & Shine Block 2 of A Very Coriander Christmas BOM.  I love this block!  The pattern book includes a bonus Season of Stars quilt with these stars.  Oh, boy, another project to add to my to-do bucket list.  Hopefully, Block 3 will arrive before Thanksgiving.


If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:  

Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
Monday Making @ Love Laugh Quilt
To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
Wednesday Wait Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. Hi Rita! I just love that quilting pattern you chose for Frolic. Not too dense with a nice sense of movement - it looks exactly like gentle waves on the ocean or sea. I didn't realize it ended up so big - 82" square is huge (I usually on make lap size except for a few queen size thrown in for fun). Finally, Sparkle and Shine is fab - I just LOVE the fabrics you chose to use. So nice. What a gorgeous quilt this will make. Thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roseanne, This is definitely one of the biggest quilts I've made. Like you, I mostly create throw/lap size quilts or I love making baby and kids quilts. Thank you for the visit and kind comnents.

      Delete
  2. I'm loving these projects so much! Hard to tell which one I like the best. That Coriander Christmas block will make a lovely quilt. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops