WIP Wednesday: How Many is Too Many?

 


Last week I posted about a couple new projects I was working on.  I put those aside to start working on my Uncle Sam's Patriotic quilt which is one of my 2021 quilting goals.  Well, it was my goal to have it finished by July 4th so I'm a bit late ... or maybe I'm just very early for next year LOL.

I've always completed a project before I started another one.  I was impatient to see the finished product and couldn't wait to finish.  But this year has been different because I've been working on a few ongoing monthly projects.  I find that I rather like working on several projects at a time as it helps break up the monotony of working on a single project.


 
And this is the final block for the Very Coriander Christmas BOM quilt.  Gosh, I can't believe it's been 10 months since I made my first block.


This final monthly kit also included all the fabric to finish the top.  Once the top is assembled, all I need to add is the fabric for the binding and backing, which I have already purchased separately.  I've already cut all the pieces so I just need to start sewing.



I'm also making regular progress on my Stashbuster Challenge quilt.  I've already cut out the remaining star blocks and finished 4 more blocks today.  That makes 40 blocks done and 16 more to go.

And I can't forget my Grassy Creek quilt which was last year's mystery quilt by Bonnie Hunter @ Quiltville which I haven't posted about since January.  With the new mystery (hopefully) coming out in a couple months, I decided I'd better start working on Grassy Creek again.  I've been working on the string blocks for the border, a few each day, so hopefully I can finish these next week.


If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:  

Midweek Makers @ Quilt Fabrication
Stitch Sew & Show @ Life in the Scrapatch

Until next time ... 
Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. Hello There! I believe this is my first visit to your blog - and wow! You are so productive! I'm going to have to research your Stash Buster Challenge! Your points on your 4th of July quilt look wonderful. Mine cry when I make them as they know they will soon disappear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Uncle Sam blocks are really pretty. Like you I've discovered that working on different projects keeps the monotony at bay. LOVE that Christmas block - those fabrics look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have many, many projects in the works. Sometimes one becomes my focus and I work on that until it is done. Sometimes others get put away for awhile. Whatever I am sewing is my favorite project and it makes me happy. I love the fabrics and colors in your Coriander Christmas quilt. Thank you for sharing in my linky party this week ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops