Weekly Finish #18: Bobby Dazzler

 

This is the Bobby Dazzler Quilt kit, a UFO that I started in September and posted about herehere, and here.  I'm glad I was able to finish it before the end of the year.


I think I really love everything about this quilt: the star blocks, the colors, the fabrics.  They're all so pretty.


I quilted it with an E2E loopy heart design.  It's the same one I used for this quilt.


The backing is a beautiful all-over design of pink roses which I thought was perfect for this quilt.


And, yes, I fixed that mess on the back.  I took it off the frame and diligently picked the loose stitches out.  I was able to mark the heart design by following the stitching holes, then I did FMQ on my regular machine.  I'm glad it was only one row and not a big quilt.

The batting is a lightweight poly-fil that I bought online from Joann's.  I bought two huge rolls of 45 yards.  It had pretty good reviews and was on sale so I took a chance.  I think it's great for wall hangings and children's quilts.

The quilt measures 46" x 58" and I'm adding this one to my personal collection ... for now, anyway.😃


If you'd like to see more quilting goodness and see what others are up to, please visit the following which I'm linking up to:

Until next time ... be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. Gorgeous fabrics!! Such a pretty, feminine quilt. Congratulations on a sweet finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty quilt! I like the pattern and the fabrics are so happy. Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quilt! The front and back are beautiful. Congrats on finishing it up before the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! I too like your color choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet colors, and lovely pattern. Well done!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops