Monday Making: 2022 Quilting Goals

 

Last year, for the first time ever, I made quilting goals and I'm happy to say that making this list was very helpful.  There are too many squirrels trying to distract me but my list kept me focused.  So, let's see how I did with my 2021 Goals ...

        1. Quilt and bind DD's Star quilt top - DONE (9/24/21)
        2. Replace binding on DD's Rail Fence - DONE
        3. Grassy Creek Mystery Quilt - DONE (11/26/21)
        4. Valentine's Day Heart Mini Quilts (3) - DONE (2/5/21)
        5. Valentine's Day Heart Quilts (2) - DONE (7/30/21)
        6. International Sister Quilt - Top Completed (9/19/22)
        7. St. Patrick's Irish Quilt - DONE (8/11/22)
        8. Spring Pinwheel Sampler - Postponed to 2022
        9. Unity 2021 Quilt - DONE (4/15/22)
        10. Uncle Sam's Patriotic Quilt - DONE (4/7/22)
        11. Silver Wolf Wall Hanging for DD - Postponed to 2022
        12. Y2K Millenium Charm Quilt #4 - DONE (12/9/21)
        13. A Very Coriander Christmas BOM - DONE (8/30/22)
        14. Stash Buster Challenge 2021 - DONE (12/18/21)
        15. Rolling Rainbow RSC 2021 - DONE (5/25/22)

 Although I didn't accomplish 100% of my quilting goals, I am pretty proud that I finished 10 quilt projects and completed 4 tops.  I also began work on 3 goals and only postponed one.  Plus, I completed 4 quilts that were not part of my original goals list: Scrappy Hearts QuiltWarm Wishes Heavenly BodiesWarm Wishes Dr. Seuss; and Quilt of Valor.

My quilting goals list worked so well for me in 2021 that I am making a new list for 2022 which is a bit more ambitious.  But I'm excited and motivated to accomplish as much as I can and I can't wait!  So, without further ado, my 2022 list of quilting goals with a tentative completion month.

      1. January - Unity Mystery Quilt - started in 2021
      2. January - Silver Wolf Wall Hanging - started in 2021 - for a gift
      3. January/February - Rhododendron Trail Mystery - started in 2021
      4. February - International Sister RBG Quilt - started in 2021 - for a gift
      5. February - Foresta Fusion Hearts Quilt
      6. March - St. Patty's Picture Frame Quilt
      7. April - Moment of Zen with Cider - for a gift
      8. May - Spring Pinwheel Sampler - for a gift
      9. June - You Are My Sunshine Quilt - postponed from 2021
      10. July - Weed Whacker Blue Scraps - old UFO
      11. July - Weed Whacker Green Scraps - old UFO
      12. August - Midnight WH Whatnots Club
      13. September - What Cancer Cannot Do Quilt - for a gift
      14. October - Halloween Crescento Runner
      15. October - Halloween Raven Moon
      16. November - Stashbuster Challenge 2021 Green
      17. December - Christmas Tree Wall Hanging
      18. Year-End - Old Time Christmas BOM - ongoing
      19. Year-End - Stashbuster Challenge 2022 - ongoing
      20. Year-End - Picket Star RSC 2022 - ongoing
This looks like a long list but some projects were started last year and some projects are ongoing year-long.  Most of these are recent projects (squirrels, if you will) but a couple projects have been waiting for years to be completed.  I have a list of over 50 projects that are WIPs or UFOs and have been sitting around for years.  And, I also have more than 25 projects on my Bucket List to which I keep adding squirrels LOL!  

AND, let's not forget the four quilt tops from my 2021 goals and 8 charity tops also finished last year that need to be quilted.  Oh, wait!  I also have 3 large quilt tops made by DD years ago that I agreed to quilt for her. 

Whew!  2022 is going to be a busy year.  I am full of hope and excited about the new year.  Hope for our future and hope that I can complete these projects.  

I'm linking up to Oh Scrap! @ Quilting is More Fun Than Housework; Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts,  Monday Making @ Love Laugh Quilt, and To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us.  For more wonderful quilt projects, please visit the Linky Party.

Until next time ... 
Be safe and keep on quilting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops