Monday Making: 2024 Quilting Goals

 Happy New Year!  A new year is a new opportunity for setting goals and resolutions. “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars”.


This is my third year setting quilting goals, and I'm happy to say this has worked out great.  Goal setting helps me stay on track and continue moving forward with using my stash.  Although I did not fully meet all my goals, I was able to finish 50 quilty projects.  Let's see how I did with my 2023 Goals ...

      1. Chilhowie Mystery 2023 - DONE
      2. Rams Sports Team Quilt - DONE
      3. Intrepid - DONE
      4. International Sisters Quilt #3 - DONE
      5. Exploding Heart - Top completed
      6. Foresta Fusion Hearts Quilt 8" - Top completed
      7. Quilters Stand for Ukraine Quilt - Top completed
      8. Party Girls Quilt - Top completed
      9. Boot Scootin' Boogie - Postponed to 2024
      10. Zipper VRD - DONE
      11. In Full Bloom - Top completed
      12. Shoo Fly #2 - Top completed
      13. Hearts of Hope Quilt - Top completed
      14. Nightingale Quilt Kit - Top completed
      15. Paducah 9-Patch - Top completed
      16. Uncle Sam Patriotic - Postponed to 2024
      17. Hawaiian Sunshine Shirts - Top completed
      18. Underground Railroad Sampler - Postponed to 2024
      19. Wine Jelly Roll Sizzle - DONE
      20. Vintage Churn Dash - DONE
      21. Maple Leaf Quilt - Top completed
      22. Pirates YBR Quilt - DONE
      23. Halloween Wicked Eve Panel - Top completed
      24. Halloween Raven Moon Midnight Flight
      25. Halloween Raven Moon Midnight Moon - Top completed
      26. Halloween Patchwork Jack Pumpkin WH - Top completed
      27. Patriotic Panels QOV - Postponed to 2024
      28. Free To Be Wild Horse Panel - DONE 
      29. Christmas Tree Wall Hanging - Top completed
      30. TB Winter Cottage - Top completed
      31. Folk Art Christmas Stars - Started; to be completed in 2024
      32. Friendship Scrap Log Cabin #2 - Postponed to 2024
      33. Split 9-Patch Variation - Top completed
      34. RSC 2023 BH Pine Trees - Postponed to 2024
      35. Stashbuster Challenge 2023 - DONE
      36. Quilts For Kids - 11 Tops completed
I also quilted 8 tops from my 2022 project list:

There were also a few squirrels that snuck in.  These 3 quilts were gifts so maybe they're not really squirrels😏.
          1. What Cancer Cannot Do #2
          2. Warmth of Our Stars
          3. Wild Deer Rag Quilt
Wow!  2023 was another busy and productive year.  Although I did not complete all my goals, I'm happy with what I did accomplish: 20 completed quilts and 30 completed tops.  

I knew at the start of the year there was a very slim chance that I would complete all my goals.  I completed more tops than I did quilts, and my "to be quilted" pile grew substantially.  I also postponed 7 projects to be included in my 2024 goals.


I look forward to the new year and am motivated to be as productive in 2024 as I've been in the previous 3 years.  Here is my list of quilting goals for 2024, which again is a bit more ambitious. Good thing this list is not engraved in stone!

        1. January - Indigo Way Mystery 2024 - started in 2023
        2. January - Folk Art Christmas Stars - started in 2023 - UFO
        3. January - Whatnots Club Close Quarters - started in 2023 - UFO
        4. January - Valentine Scrappy Hearts Runner
        5. February - Jacob's Sampler #2 (Gift)
        6. February - Racing Horses Panel (Gift)
        7. February - Grid Girls Summer Mystery
        8. February - Checkmate Chess Panel (2)
        9. March - California Quilt #1 (Gift)
        10. March - California Quilt #2 (Gift)
        11. March - Aunt Netra's Floral Garden
        12. March - Along the Fence
        13. April - Black & White Night & Day
        14. April - Boot Scootin' Boogie - UFO
        15. April - Scrappity-do-dah 6" - UFO
        16. April - Charming Stars Red - UFO
        17. May - Sonoran Sands (Gift)
        18. May - She Who Sews Panel #1 (Gift)
        19. May - She Who Sews Panel #2
        20. May - Only One Baby Panel
        21. June - Patriot's Pride Panel (Gift)
        22. June - Patriotic Panels QOV
        23. June - Patriotic Shaded 4-Patch - UFO
        24. June - Patriotic YBR - UFO
        25. June - Uncle Sam Patriotic
        26. July - Crown of Thorns 10" - UFO
        27. July - Crown of Thorns 15" - UFO
        28. July - Dutchman's Puzzle Green - UFO
        29. July - Kyoto Garden Geisha Panel
        30. August - Twisted Cat Tails
        31. August - Harvest Time Thimbleberries WH
        32. August - Modern Maples Throw Quilt
        33. August - Starry Nights QAL Pat Speth
        34. September - Halloween Bad to the Bone Panel
        35. September - Halloween Black Cat Panel
        36. September - Space Explorer Interstellar Panel
        37. September - Underground Railroad Sampler
        38. October - One Giant Stitch (Gift)
        39. October - Super Simple Squares Van Gough (Gift)
        40. October - Frida Kahlo Forever Quilts (2)
        41. November - Nightingale AGF Solids Kit
        42. November - Emblem of Israel
        43. November - Festival of Lights
        44. November - Hanukkah Nights
        45. December - Just Because Scrappy - UFO
        46. December - Kimono Medley Quilt
        47. December - Ladies in Red - UFO
        48. Year-End - RSC 2024 Pine Trees
        49. Year-End - SBC 2024 Scrappy Irish Chain
        50. Year-End - Friendship Scrap Log Cabin #2
        51. Year-End - Whatnots Club County Fair
        52. Year-End - Quilts For Kids (4) - UFO
This ambitious list makes it look like I'll be quilting day and night in 2024.  But several of these projects are UFOs that have been on the back burner for far too long and a few are fast-and-easy panel quilts.  Of course, I know that a few still will be postponed to 2025.  My main goal is to complete those old projects that have been languishing for years.  Some I'll donate, others I'll gift, and a few I'll keep.

I am full of hope and excitement for the new year.  Hope for our future and hope that I can complete these projects.  Let's go!


I'm happy to join these linky parties.  Be sure to visit them to see what other quilters are sharing.
Until next time ... 

Be happy and keep on quilting!

Comments

  1. Wow, finishing 20 quilts and 30 quilt tops in a year is impressive! I hope that you have a lot of fun as you work on the quilts and projects you have listed in 2024 and I wish you a joyful year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to give a try at the soscrappy monthly color challenge again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goals. Thanks for sharing in my Sew and Tell party.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tutorial: Fold and Turn Coasters

Weekly Finish #13: Halloween No Point Stars 2020

Weekly Finish...Or Not: Shoo Fly & Vintage Inspired Churn Dash Tops