My bouillabaisse quilt top is FINALLY finished! I started it last year in September and posted about it here in January. I’ve been working on it off-and-on; and this week I made a commitment to finish it. It has twenty blocks and each block is 20-1/2 inches. It measures in at 97 square inches, with a 6-1/2 inch border.
This is the second bouillabaisse quilt I’ve made, but I had so many issues with it! It seems that no matter how many 1-3/4” strips I cut, it just wasn’t enough! But the real dizzies were the points and bias edges … OMG, by the last few blocks, I couldn’t care less whether anything matched: I just wanted to get ‘er done!
It’s shown on a queen size bed, and it’s the second queen-size quilt top I’ve made. I’m not sure yet whether I will quilt it myself or send it out. I’m definitely keeping this one so I’m really leaning towards sending it to a LA quilter. But, for now, it’s in my “To Be Quilted” pile!
This is a picture of the original bouillabaisse quilt I made in 2003. I bought the fabric kit and with my BQF Brenda took a class at the LQS. I blogged about it here. This quilt was much easier to make than my second one … maybe that’s because I made it in class. I don’t know … but I do know I won’t be making another one soon!
This is a bouillabaisse quilt that my BQF Brenda made and was the inspiration for my second bouillabaisse quilt. You may not be able to notice in the pictures, but we used many of the same fabrics. That’s because she often benefits when I go through a “stash cleaning” episode. I just love the colors on this quilt! Okay, so I’m a big copy-cat; but Brenda and I have very similar tastes … I guess that’s why we get along so well!
And this bouillabaisse quilt was made by Sinta @ Pink Pincushion. She started hers in 2008 and finally finished it this February. Read about her love/hate relationship with the quilt here and how it almost caused the demise of her sewing machine!
Am linking up to the following … Be sure to visit for more Friday Finishes: